- CVISN is a nationwide program managed by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) designed to:
- Improve safety and productivity of motor carriers, commercial vehicles and their drivers
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of commercial vehicle safety programs through targeted enforcement
- Improve commercial vehicle data sharing within states and between states and FMCSA
- Reduce Federal/State and industry regulatory and administrative costs
- CVISN Deployment
The program shall advance the technological capability and promote the deployment of intelligent transportation system applications for commercial vehicle operations, including commercial vehicle, commercial driver, and carrier-specific information systems and networks.