Except when required in connection with an Commercial/Industrial/Residential Access Permit, the following projects and activities within the State right-of-way require a permit issued by the appropriate District office.
- Construction or modification of residential driveways
- Repair or replacement of entrances, curb and gutter, or pavement
- Construction, repair, or replacement of sidewalk
- Construction or modification of drainage connections
- Utility work
- Highway Rehabilitation and/or Streetscape Improvements by Local Government (County or Municipal)
- Sign Placement
- Any other work on the State highway
- Any other work within the State's right-of-way (highway right of way, easement areas, land holdings, etc.)
- Pedestrian facilities and bus shelters
Prospective applicants should coordinate with the District Office staff for further information on the process and requirements for obtaining their permits. It should be noted that all utility work must be coordinated with and permitted through the District office, independent of the Access Permit.