SHA PLANNED LANE CLOSURE UPDATE (03/11/2016 – 03/14/2016)
(All Work is Weather Permitting)
Anne Arundel County
• Southbound I-97 between MD 648 (Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard) and MD 176 (Dorsey Road) – Pavement repairs – Double right lane closures between 7 a.m. Saturday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
• US 50 (John Hanson Highway) between the Prince George's County line and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge – Mobile pothole repair– Mobile patrols Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. in both directions.
• I-795 between I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) and Franklin Boulevard – Mobile pothole repair– Mobile patrols Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. in both directions.
• Inner loop of I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) at Greenspring Avenue – Mobile pothole repair– Mobile patrols Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Calvert County/St. Mary’s County Line
• MD 4 (Governor Thomas Johnson Bridge) over the Patuxent River – Biennial bridge inspection– Single lane closures guided by alternating traffic beginning at 9 p.m. Sunday evening.
Inspections are scheduled as follows, weather permitting:
- Overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday, March 13, through Friday, March 18
- Overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday, March 20, through Friday, March 25
- Daytime between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, March 19; Sunday, March 20, Saturday, April 2, and Sunday, April 3
• MD 26 (Liberty Road) between MD 32 and the Baltimore County line – Mobile pothole repair– Single lane closures Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• US 40/US 15/MD 17– Mobile pothole repair– Mobile patrols Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• US 1 (Washington Boulevard) between the Prince George's and Baltimore County line– Mobile pothole repair– Mobile patrols Saturday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Prince George’s County
• MD 337 (Allentown Road) at Suitland Road - Utility work - Intermittent total road closures of up to 15 minutes on both roads Saturday between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
• Northbound I-95 (Outer loop of I-495) Bridge over Ritchie Marlboro Road – Concrete bridge deck repairs - Nighttime single, double and triple lane closures beginning Sunday at 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Thursday.
• Southbound I-95 between MD 212 (Powder Mill Road) and I-495 (Capital Beltway) – Guardrail installation – Single lane closures Sunday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday.
The week ahead at a glance……….
• Large/Heavy move of electrical generation equipment beginning 9 p.m. Monday – Wednesday at 5 a.m. - Rolling total closures each night between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next day.
Queen Anne’s County
• US 50 (Ocean Gateway) at Kent Narrows Bridge – Bridge approach resurfacing – Single lane closures Monday between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Tuesday.
• Nesbit Road (MD 835K) Bridge over US 50 – Bridge approach resurfacing – Single lane closures Monday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• MD 331 (Dover Road) Bridge over the Choptank River (The Dover Bridge) – Concrete bridge patching – Single lane closures Tuesday between 7 a.m. until the concrete comes up to proper strength (cures). This work is weather-dependent and may take up to two days. Concrete patches must cure for at least 24 hours before the lane can be reopened to traffic.
• MD 528 (Coastal Highway) between 62nd Street (at the MD 90 approach) to the Delaware State line – Resurfacing – Starting pavement grinding (removing top layer of asphalt) at the Delaware line and moving south. The contractor will likely run two milling units at once to speed the project along. Crews can work Mondays through -Thursdays in 10 or 12 hour shifts and they are allowed whatever hours are necessary (excluding a handful of event days specified by Ocean City) to get the work done by Memorial Day.