MDOT SHA’s Property Acquisition Process

The MDOT State Highway Administration's (MDOT SHA) Office of Real Estate (ORE) has prepared these booklets as your guide to the right-of-way process.  Inside you will find information about your rights as a private property owner, as well as an explanation of the procedures used by SHA to purchase land and buildings for public project.

The information in these booklets are general in nature.  There are many rules and regulations mandated by State and Federal laws which are too lengthy or detailed to include.  You should direct any specific questions that you may have to your right-of-way negotiator or relocation assistance counselor.