MDOT SHA’s Property Acquisition Process

The MDOT State Highway Administration's (MDOT SHA) Office of Real Estate (ORE) prepared these booklets as your guide to the right-of-way process. Inside you will find information about your rights as a private property owner, as well as an explanation of the procedures used by MDOT SHA to purchase land and buildings for public projects.

The information in these booklets is general.  There are many rules and regulations mandated by State and federal laws that are too lengthy or detailed to include. Direct specific questions to your right-of-way negotiator or relocation assistance counselor.

Your Land and Your Highways - ENGLISH (PDF, 1 MB)

Your Land and Your Highways (Su Terreno y Sus Carreteras ) - SPANISH (PDF, 1.21 MB)

Relocation Assistance – ENGLISH (PDF, 7 MB)

Relocation Assistance (Asistencia de Reubicaciṓn) – SPANISH (PDF, 7 MB)