Office of Construction
Office of Construction (Headquarters/Training Center)
7450 Traffic Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
Toll Free # 1-866-926-8503
FAX # 410-787-0986
The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) Office of Construction (OOC) responsibilities include the following:
- Contract processing (bid openings, bid protests, contract award, contract execution, notice to proceed).
- Payment to contractors.
- Establishment of Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) goals and approval of Affirmative Action Plans.
- Review and approval of change orders.
- Oversight of construction inspection (administering the construction engineering manpower management system statewide, assignment of inspection, management of supplemental consultant inspection contracts).
- Statewide utilities (relocation, determination of prior rights, billing coordination).
- Claims avoidance/resolution.
- Establishment of policies and procedures.
- Review and coordination of construction specifications.
- Coordination of Federal Highway Administration issues and related support.